Monday, June 30, 2008

House Update

Our latest home improvement project has been the front yard. We thought we could wait until next spring, but once our house was painted the bad landscaping really was noticeable. We bought a few bushes, some mulch, and surrounded the flower bed with some stones that were in the backyard. It really looks great, here are some pictures:



(What is used to look like)


(For some reason this house always looks more "blue" when I take pictures of it.... in person it's actually a lot darker gray)


(we planted 4 gardenias and 1 hibiscus)


(We haven't had a lot of rain and they are rationing the lawn watering, so our grass isn't doing so hot.... well, actually "hot" is exactly the problem)


(The hibiscus)


(The hibiscus)


(the gardenias)

6 comments:

Barb said...

Aah!! Hibiscus and gardenia! What a dream to have that kind of garden!

Tobi said...

that looks really great! i knew that hibiscus would be a pleaser, it was on the only plant i could get to grow in my bed at the duplex.

jessica said...

I'm so in love with that hibiscus! I must plant one now!

PearlGirl said...

the yard looks great... can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love how you did the flower beds with the stones.

annie said...

Congrats on your house, it looks great! That is one thing that I find intimidating when it comes to owning a home is the landscaping...the longest I have kept a house plant alive is a week!