Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Pipe Creek



Last weekend Madelyn and I embarked on another crazy adventure, to another crazy place in Texas. We headed down to Pipe Creek (about 30 minutes from San Antonio) for a weekend at Corby's mom's new house with Corby's girlfriend Heidi and their friends Jenn and James. It was a little strange to visit Corby's moms house and not drive down the street I grew up on, but her new house is just as exciting.

We had a really great time, but the best part was definitely the creek that runs past their house. On Saturday we spent the day jumping off boulders, hanging out in the water, and floating down the river. At one point Madelyn thought she was going to die on the "rapids", and my attempts to save her didn't work. She now has a couple of scratches and bruises... battle scars from the white water rapids of Pipe Creek. The worst part of our weekend at Pipe Creek was the Daddy Long Leg Spider Nest.....the picture will terrify you. There were tons of these nests at Pipe Creek, it was kind of creepy.





On Saturday night we drove 30 minutes to the nearest theater to see the Bourne Ultimatum. Madelyn was ecstatic that the theater not only had free refills, but also served Diet Dr. Pepper.....watching Matt Damon for 2 hours didn't hurt either. When Madelyn and I were dating I decided it would be funny to take a picture of me and her at Lagoon and put Matt Damon's head in place of mine. The other week when we were going through our pictures we found the picture I made her. In commemoration of the Bourne Ultimatum I thought I would post it on the blog.




We had a really great weekend in Pipe Creek, and are definitely looking forward to visiting again. Enjoy the pictures.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You're right- that picture of the spiders DID terrify me! Yucky yucky yucky!

lacy said...

Um, that looks more like a spider dance party than a nest. I didn't see any nesting materials...like twigs or leaves or toilet paper.

Also, what the blonde hair, Mad? I love it! I think you should get it back.

Mother Bird said...

Since when did daddy long legs collect toilet paper for their nests? I don't like where this is going.