This isn't really in any order....
This is by far the album that got the most play in our house in 2007..... it's fun, super catchy, and an all around amazing album (and they are Austin natives). Song's to get off iTunes: Eddie's Ragga, You Got your Cherry Bomb, Don't you Evah, The Underdog.
Feist- The Reminder
This is a great album that was a popular hit in our house. I still like it.... even after all the Apple commercials. Song's to get off iTunes: I feel it All, 1234.
I saw these guys perform on Conan O'Brien and I immediately bought the entire CD. This is a really fun album (they are also Austin natives). Songs to get off iTunes: Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe, Plus Ones, Unless it Kicks.
Wilco- Sky Blue Sky
Wow. The more and more I listen to this album the more I like it. It's just SO good....... like, in your CD player for 1 month good. Songs to get off iTunes: the whole album! But if you don't have the funds get these: You are My Face, Walken, Impossible Germany (best song of the year), Either Way.
Glen Hansard- The Soundtrack to Once
This movie is great.... but when you add the soundtrack it becomes an exceptional movie. It''s definitely worth seeing since it adds to the soundtrack a little, but you won't be disappointed with just the soundtrack. Song's to get off iTunes: Falling Slowly (2nd best song of the year), When your Minds Made Up.


Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- Raising Sand
When I heard Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were going to make an album I was skeptical. Led Zeppelin meets Union Station? Seemed like a strange combination..... but that's exactly what makes this album amazing. If you are a fan of either Led Zeppelin or Alison Krauss you'll like this album.... hence why it's been in rotation at our house. Songs to buy off iTunes: Stick with me Baby, Killing the Blues (3rd best song of the year).
Other Good Albums and Songs:
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
If you can ignore all the drama involving Amy Winehouse you'll love this album. Songs to buy off iTunes: You know I'm No Good, rehab
The Shins- Wincing the Night Away
It's a good album.... but maybe I'm just getting a little sick of the Shins. It definitely got it's fare share of play time, but I never went crazy for it. Songs to get off iTunes: Australia, Phantom Limb.
Laura Veirs- Salt Breakers
I didn't like this one as much as her last CD.... but it's still really good. Song's to get off iTunes: Cast A Hook, Salt Breakers
Iron and Wine- The Shepard's Dog
This is a good CD, but I don't like it as much as his older stuff.... although I respect him for trying something new. If you are a Iron and Wine fan you'll like this one. Song's to get off iTunes:Boy with a Coin (if you like this one you'll like the album)


Band of Horses- Cease to Begin
I just bought this album... but I'm really liking it. This could be a big hit in 2008. Song's to get off iTunes: Is there a Ghost


Regina Spektor-Begin to Hope
This is a really interesting and different album.... it's refreshing. If you are looking for a good female singer/song writer this may be for you. Song's to get off iTunes: Fidelity
Flight of the Conchords - (Anything you can find)
This was a great discovery in 2008. They are a comedy band (like Tenacious D... but less offensive) with a show on HBO. Get some song's off iTunes and rent the DVD's from season 1. Really funny.










1 comment:
"another way that love is similar to tape, that i;ve noticed. Sometimes it's hard to find the end....BROWN PAPER WHITE PAPER PUT EM TOGETHER WITH THE TAPE THE TAPE OF LOVE! (ummmm the sticky stuff). Horay for the conchords making it on the list. We are glad to see that you love them as much as we do.
Post a Comment