Thursday, January 17, 2008
Quiz Time
As some of you may know I am not the biggest "risk taker." I am usually reluctant to "try new things" or "meet new people." Luckily, I married a fun and adventurous man who helps me come out of my shell and realize that there are other fun things to do on Wednesday nights besides watching Project Runway in my pajamas. Last night Cody talked me into going to a local Irish Pub downtown to compete in their weekly quiz contest. He heard about it on one of his favorite websites: www.yelp.com, which is a great place to find out about local events, read restaurant reviews, even write your own reviews! There had been a lot of chatter about this event and Cody knew there would be lots of people there to make a team. He was right! We grapped our friend Heidi and met up with some other people and made an awesome team which won third place and a gift card to the Pub. We had such a good time and we were pleasantly surprised to find that the pub served food that looked and smelled delicious. The only thing we regret is forgetting our camera. I think we will definitely be back next week early so we can get a good spot and have some dinner! We'll make sure to take our camera too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! Were you wearing your courage beads to help you be so brave? (Can you tell I just found my pep club yearbook?)
Way to go! I totally know how you feel about one person in the couple convincing the other one to get out and about sometimes...
Post a Comment