Thursday, September 25, 2008

Look who we found in Austin...

Guess who came rolling into Austin yesterday? Only Salt Lake City's own "Good Morning Maxfield" (aka Fictionist). That's right, Madelyn and I headed down to Antone's last night to watch Stuart Maxfield and his band compete for a spot at the ACL festival. They were in a contest sponsored by Dell which started with 700 contestants and eventually whittled its way down to 6 bands who competed for the final spot last night.

Read about the contest here.

The band's website.

Hear their music here.

They were even on the news here in Austin... check out the segment here.

The show was great and we had an awesome time... and better yet we got to hang out with an old friend from Salt Lake (Stuart's dad and sister were also there). The band has really matured from the last time I saw them (in college) and I definitely see the potential for them to make it as musicians.... so get Stuart's autograph now.

For those of you who don't know, Madelyn and I went to high school with Stuart Maxfield, the lead singer and founder of this band.

This weekend is the big festival in Austin. Madelyn and I were too poor to buy tickets, but we might try and make some of the aftershows (although I think we waited too long on tickets for those).

I took my camera, but as soon as I tried to turn it on it was out of battery. So, I had to take cell phone pictures.... the quality is not so great.


(Stuart on the state at Antone's)


(Stuart and Robbie rocking out)

(a blurry picture... but some serious rocking)











Hopefully we'll see Stuart again before he leaves Austin on Sunday. If we do, I'll make sure my camera has batteries.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'll bet they loved having friends in the audience!