This weekend's theme was "cookies". Ask yourself this question, if you had no obligations for the day, you were standing in line with a friend, and you had a husband who could bring you water and umbrellas.... How long could you stand in line for cookies? What about 2 dollar a dozen cookies from your favorite bakery?
Well, this weekend we found out Madelyn's answer: 3 hours.
The new Tiffs Treats (see more blogs here) opened this weekend in North Austin (right by our house), and for the grand opening they were giving away 2 dollar a dozen cookies (normally about 8 dollars). We showed up expecting to wait in line... but we weren't expecting a line that wrapped around the building. I guess that's a testament to the Tiffs Treats cookie. The limit was 5 dozen.... so of course, we have 5 dozen cookies at our house. Seriously. But, for those of you who make the trek down to Austin it's time for cookie delivery to our door! Hooray for the new Tiffs Treats.
(Madelyn finally made it!)

(our friend Heidi with all of our cookies....11 dozen total!)

(That's a lot of cookies!)
Sunday of course was FOOTBALL SUNDAY! I had my computer open checking my fantasy team, I had my costume (What Madelyn calls my Romo jersey) on, and I wasn't going anywhere. The Cowboys won, I lost my fantasy game, but I was just so happy that football is back on TV. I can't say that Madelyn shares my excitement.... but she's very understanding of my obsession, which is so great. I also got to eat delicious cookies while watching football... could it be any better? How about Madelyn, feeling guilty about all the cookies she was having, doing about 10 laps around the couch between every cookie. Not only was this hilarious.... but the dogs could NOT figure out what she was doing.
(our friend Heidi with all of our cookies....11 dozen total!)

(That's a lot of cookies!)
I did peel myself away from he TV long enough to go outside (ahh! The sun!) and take some pictures of our house. All of our flowers were blooming and Madelyn wanted everyone to see.

4 comments:
Sounds like a delicious weekend...minus the football for me. I love you housey house. It looks so good. Love the blooms. Can you send me some cookies? It's not that long a trip for them to come to Utah, right?
What a perfect weekend--cookies and Tono Romo (minus Jess!)
Your place is darling....
I can totally imagine Madelyn's cookie laps around the couches while the dogs watch in confusion...
I think "crape myrtle" sounds like a great new scary movie title...
Post a Comment