Sorry we've been neglecting our blog... but we've been busy with our week long birthday extravaganza. My birthday celebrations started last Saturday and ended last night! It was definitely a crazy week. It started when my mom invited us over for dinner last Saturday night for one of my favorite meals and Kevin even made me a home made chocolate cream pie. The best part was that there were tons of balloons greeting me at the front door. Each one of them had a little message....

Sunday night we invited our friends over for a game night. This wasn't really birthday related, but it was still apart of the birthday week. Some people couldn't make it to the game night, so it ended up being Cody and the girls. We started the night with some Scattegories, but none of us could come up with any words... you can see the frustration in this picture:


After Scategories we moved on to Taboo. Our friend Heidi started the game saying "I don't really know how to play", but when it came to her turn she dominated. We got hustled in Taboo... big time.
The game night was such a success that we planned another one for Tuesday night. We had a game fever... and the only prescription was Scrabble. Tuesday happened to be my actual birthday (Madelyn had class that night) so our Scrabble party kind of turned into a birthday celebration. Lorena made me a cake and everyone let me win.... Madelyn came over after her class and we blew out the candles.
Wednesday night Madelyn took me out to dinner for my birthday since she was in class the night before. We stuffed ourselves with delicious Mexican food and came home and watched some of my favorite TV shows. For some reason we also stopped taking pictures.
Friday night was just going to be a normal night, we were at DSW looking for shoes. I went in, looked around for a bout 30 seconds, and I was done, Madelyn found some 2 dollar shoes but there was some sort of problem with the barcode, so the lady took like 10 minutes in the back trying to figure it out. Then, when we got in the car Madelyn asked if she could drive... which was weird. Then she started driving in the opposite direction of our supposed next stop telling me she knew somewhere that had cheap gas (although I had half a tank). So we drove and drove looking for this gas, we filled up, and then she drove me to one of my favorite restaurants. When we walked in all of our friends were sitting at a table! Come to find out that Madelyn underestimated the time it takes men to check out a shoe store, she asked the cashier if she could stall, then she drove all over to buy some time. I had no idea.... but it was a great surprise.
After dinner we came back to our place for some Rockband! Again, I didn't take pictures at dinner or of Rockband, but I did get a picture of Jessica and Rocky. We were all busy rocking out when I started noticing I didn't see Jessica, I finally found her lying behind our desk giving Rocky some serious pets. Rocky was just lying in her lap, staring into her eyes. Jessica is definitely Rocky's favorite person who comes over. They have a very special bond.
Friday night was just going to be a normal night, we were at DSW looking for shoes. I went in, looked around for a bout 30 seconds, and I was done, Madelyn found some 2 dollar shoes but there was some sort of problem with the barcode, so the lady took like 10 minutes in the back trying to figure it out. Then, when we got in the car Madelyn asked if she could drive... which was weird. Then she started driving in the opposite direction of our supposed next stop telling me she knew somewhere that had cheap gas (although I had half a tank). So we drove and drove looking for this gas, we filled up, and then she drove me to one of my favorite restaurants. When we walked in all of our friends were sitting at a table! Come to find out that Madelyn underestimated the time it takes men to check out a shoe store, she asked the cashier if she could stall, then she drove all over to buy some time. I had no idea.... but it was a great surprise.
After dinner we came back to our place for some Rockband! Again, I didn't take pictures at dinner or of Rockband, but I did get a picture of Jessica and Rocky. We were all busy rocking out when I started noticing I didn't see Jessica, I finally found her lying behind our desk giving Rocky some serious pets. Rocky was just lying in her lap, staring into her eyes. Jessica is definitely Rocky's favorite person who comes over. They have a very special bond.
Last night the birthday celebration finally ended with going to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Quantom of Solace. It was the perfect end to my crazy birthday weekend extravaganza! Thanks to everyone who sent gifts, called, made food, and celebrated with me. It was by far one of the most memorable birthdays I've had!
2 comments:
I'm glad you celebrated properly!!
Birthday week was fun! I'm feeling another game fever coming on...
Post a Comment