Monday, November 17, 2008

House things...

When we moved into our house and decided to make the extra bedroom a "Project" room Madelyn had the idea of hanging a crystal/fancy chandelier. Well, a couple weeks ago Madelyn found the one she wanted and since I'm an expert on hanging light fixtures now, we hung it up. We think it looks great! Anyway, here are some pictures for those of you only able to get the verbal explanation over the phone...





One of the strange things about living here after living in Utah is that is doesn't really get that cold. But lately it's been dropping down to the.... 30's! One thing we didn't know is that when it gets near freezing you have to protect your plants, the people here cover their bushes and plants with old bed sheets. Our awesome neighbors let us borrow some of their old sheets. This is common place in Texas, but I had to take a picture for out Utah friends/family. The weather here has been nuts, last night it was 30 degrees and this afternoon it was 80! Making fires at night and opening the windows in the afternoon.



The other thing we've been loving lately is the "green space" across the street from our house. Our neighborhood has this great open area that maintained by our HOA.... the dogs LOVE it. As soon as we get there they just run and run! Anyway, here are some pictures:




(The dogs are way in the background)

1 comment:

lacy said...

Stunning! I love the new addition to the project room! I'm totally jealous. I want to come see it in person!